Saturday, June 13, 2009

Down To Merlion-Part 2

Part 2-Foods&Beverages
Yay~Foods&Beverages! Is this acceptable??


Haha...please don’t beat me. I really like that cake. That was a birthday cake of Leonard. Who is Leonard? Oohhh...A Singaporean, a friend to my cousin who was celebrating his 21st birthday. That was why my cousin brought us along to his party.

Okay okay, back to the topic. Haha...

There are some delicacies that you should have tried out at Singapore.
As far as I know, Chinatown and Geylang Road have the most number of tasty foods.
Nevertheless, I have never been to Geylang as my friend not dares to bring me there as there have the most number of prostitution. You have to be cautious whenever you’re there (Perhaps just for the girls. Hahaha...). That’s why they call the place “red-light area”.
For ChinaTown, Kalvin brought us to a shop which is well-known for its dessert and cake. We had tried the pumpkin cake, mango ice and "zhi ma hu"(don’t know what’s called in English =P). YES! I like DESSERTS (but I hate STRESSED). The pumpkin cake is delicious with their special chilli sauce. My sister doesn’t like the ‘’zhi ma hu’’ but I like both “zhi ma hu’’ and mango ice.
The pumpkin cake. Sorry for this ugly one. It was snapped after being eaten.



"Zhi ma hu" (the disgusting black glue-like content) & mango ice




The shop

Still at the same ChinaTown Food Street, another thumb up cuisine—Holland Village XO Fish head bee hun. You can get this at a restaurant located at the corner of Chinatown. The soup of the fish head added with XO. Is real XO okay, not just simply a glamour name. But of course won’t get drunken la~=D You can order some additional dishes if you want. But the XO fish head is the main cuisine of that restaurant. We had a medium XO fish head bee hun and other two small dishes for three of us. We ended up with full stomach; NOOO....my stomach was overloaded!!

XO fish head bee hun



We also had a sumptuous meal at The Vines Restaurant located at Novena. The steaks were awesome. I ordered a barbeque chicken set with big prawns which drink, soup and dessert were included. Guess how much was the dinner set? Tata.....$SGD28 =.= kinda expensive right?? Haiz, nevermind...Once in a blue moon mar~~ (Bleeding T.T) Meanwhile, my sister got herself a set of lobster with $SGD30++
The potato was damn nice!! With mayonnaise and don’t know what chips added. The dessert!!! Like it soooo much!!! It was a piece of cheese cake. I have never eaten such a delicious cheese cake! Still missing for that piece of cheese cake now.
We also tried out the blue nun white wine which was recommended by my cousin’s friend. I finished the whole glass of wine. Salute myself. I have to emphasize that...the wine was HORRIBLE!!! Perhaps you’ll like it if you’re a wine-lover. I had tried out the worst white wine at Jogoya Kuala Lumpur. This blue nun white wine was much better than that in Jogoya. I have to conclude that I DON’T LIKE WHITE WINE. They taste B.A.D.

My barbeque steak. It was a huge one.

The cheese cakes.yummy yummy.

Great ambience with great food

Again...another dessert recommendation at Food Anytime. You can find the stalls at Bishan Juntion 8, Hougang Mall, Tiong Bahru Plaza or Anchor Point. The stall is famous for its Snow Ice. We had mango flavour and kiwi flavour. The mango flavour was preferable. Overall, the snow ice was just O.K...but then it used to advertise in papers. I would rather recommend the “Yu Ni” dessert of that stall. That’s nice.

A Turkish ice-cream hawker stall at Clarke Quay is another interesting experience you should have a look. Not only the ice-cream was tasty, the ice-cream man was tricky too. He played with you with the ice-cream before he handing it over to you. That makes you burst into laugh or perhaps you may feel irritated as he keeps fooling you. I picked the Pistachio ice-cream with $SGD3.

Kinkling KinKling~ Ice-cream Ice-cream~

On the day meeting up with my NS buddies, we went Swensens for ice-cream again. Yeah yeah. I know you’re bored with this. Haha...Please bear with me. I am a dessert-lover. See these. Pretty ice-creams make your mood better. Ice can cool you down~ Haha...





Aren't they cool??

Roti prata at Mr.Prata Clementi was nice too. I like the mayonnaise prata. Roti prata is a crispy, crusty South Indian pancake and served with thick curry gravy, which is very similar to roti canai.


Another fast food which is available at Singapore is Popeyes. Thumb up!! They said you’ll never like KFC if you have eaten Popeyes. Do you believe that?? Haha...just try and find it out. Why don’t we have Popeyes at Malaysia? It’s real nice. You can get it at Changi Airport or Singapore Flyer (These are the places I know it’s available)

These are Popeyes. Not the Sailorman.


Have you eaten?? Do I make your mouth water??

2 comments:

tze wei said...

wei..u went sg din tell me ler...
i went ther last week...i stayed ther for whole week ler..
so boring ther...T_T..
when u went ther?aiks..

JessieLinHuiLi said...

haha...i never know you going sg~lol...so, did you have fun at thr?
i went thr since 2nd june till around 10th june~hehe...