Thursday, March 11, 2010

Be an organ donor now =)

Here I am to blog again =D
Have you ever come across organ transplantation?
I've been thinking about it since long time ago and today I just have the opportunity to get to know the way to become an organ donor! Wow~~~Haha..
There was an open-to-public exhibition at UMMC (Universiti Malaya Medical Centre) in conjunction with World Kidney Day which is globally set to be 11 March.
Nah~Tata~ Here is what I got from there.
Hahahahaha~~~!!! A GIFT OF LIFE's opportunity. =D




This is the card which you can submit to pledge your organs and tissues.

Organ donation - The gift of ones body parts after death for the purpose of transplantation.

Transplantation - An operation which involves the replacement of diseased and defective organs and tissues with healthy ones from donors. The commonly transplanted organs are kidneys, heart, liver, lungs and pancreas while the transplantable tissues are eyes, bone, skin and heart valves.

So, I requested the personnel to give me two cards instead of one. Haha. I wanna give it to my twins. Ohyea, there are two LinHuiLi. Hehe. Arlorr~~lame joke =D
Just in case anyone of you want it. I definitely will influence a people to submit for this!! =D

It was a sad case when my friends trying to stop me while I was filling the card and going to submit it. (Nevertheless, when I get back to the counter in order to submit the card, it already closed up =( ..Nevermind, there is never be late for a good deed. I'll try again.)
They advised me to think twice.

Well, basically I respect them for their religious and personal belief reasons. I think majority of the current society haven't ready to accept this with open heart yet. A living human parts to be given to somebody else while you never know what is going to occur after your organs being removed although you will have been dead by the time. It requires a lot of courage for some people to make this noble step. But then, hey friends and anonymous out there, do you know:

A single donor can save the lives of a number of people. Different parts of your body are going to be given to different people who are critically ill and strive to survive. They deserve a chance to extend their life span and make great contribution to this community. Appreciating the livings isn't it a more vital issue to be concerned despite of our post-death-life?

Somehow, International statistics show that less than 5% of people who pledged their organs actually get the chance to make donations due to the strict medical conditions that have to be adhered to, such as being brain dead with no chance of recovery.

So, won't it be our honour if the donated organ is being successfully adopted by the receiver? It will then be a life, a still breathing life that you have awarded to. A life that re-born due to a simple act of Giving back to the LIFE what the LIFE has given you.

Make your baby step voluntarily without duress whenever there is a chance for you to do so. They, who in grief are waiting all the while for an acknowledgement of a GIFT OF LIFE. Be the one to lighten up the candle of hope for them.



"MANY lives
could be saved
if more people
became organ

& tissue donors.

That’s why I’m
doing my part to
help in this
important effort.

Please make
the decision to
become an organ

& tissue donor.

It’s the right
thing to do."

-Michael Jordan-

1 comment:

Hannorah said...

thank you, thank you, thank you for promoting organ donation. I am the recipient of a corneal transplant. I lost my vision over a long period of time. Now I can see eyelashes and birds and snowflakes and tops of trees. I have learned to use a computer. I can read blogs. I even have a blog. http://third-ear-eleventh-finger.blogspot.com. It's about how my world has changed thanks to organ donation.