Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Special Guest from England

Upon request from Malaysian Pharmaceutical Student Association (MyPSA) representative, I have a guest under student exchange programme in my house currently. To be exact, is my rented room at KL. =)

Her name is Jodie, with a graceful chinese name called 张倩 (pronounced as Zhang Qian). I love her chinese name very much! She is as soft spoken in person as sound by her name. She said she likes my name too. Oh yeah, my name - 慧荔 (pronounced as Hui Li), not bad either mar horrr~~ lol.. what a self-complacence.. hah!

To clarify, her origin is Hong Kong but had emigrated to UK as permanent resident. So, she can speak chinese/ cantonese as well.

To be frank, it is a great pleasure and experience to have met her as she inspired me quite a lot! =)
I recommended her several interesting spots within KL but only managed to bring her to Petaling Street and Sunway Pyramid due to transportation and time constraints. Oh ya, not forgetting, SS2 Night Market too. haha..

She bought a lot of stuffs, real lots. This tells how lucky we are the Malaysian with all the varieties offered in Malaysia range from food to personal interests like apparels, accessories and so on. Most importantly, there are cheap as compared to most of the other countries. People have been dreaming for trip to Europe, me as well, but now I realize Malaysia is not bad either.

I had been imagining myself living in England, Wow, London Bridge with SNOWS!! Oh yeah, a dream which makes me wandering on the cloud nine. But the next second, logical thinking hits me back, reminding that I would probably sacrifice my shopping desire due to the expensiveness of goods in UK. I could hardly have my favourite Chicken Chop and all other culinary dishes as well. Ohhhh, my Asam Laksa!! Roti Canai!! ermmm, Okay, I’ll think twice.

All the utter joys and satisfactions experienced by jodie turned into immense reluctance. I wouldn’t have believed what she yelled : 我不想回家了.. (means I don’t feel like going back already).. Woah, at this point, I was glad that I’m born in this golden piece of land. =)

Some great moments that I have recorded for her :


Some glutinous TangYuan-like food that we found at Petaling Street. It comes with different flavours covered up with peanuts. First time tried on this, I love this! =)


Delicate goods from Petaling Street:




She was wholeheartedly selecting postcards to be sent back to UK, and she insisted to send the postcard at the mean time she’s at Malaysia. This reminded me that I’ve never posted nor received any postcard. Hahaha… poor me.. I used to have postcards with no delivers or senders, just keeping the cards with myself. LOL. and yeah, THEY AREN’T POSTCARDS! hah!


Bought some dried pork slices as well.


Awesome architecture of Sunway Pyramid that drawn her interest:






Snap of two =) Remind me of Chinese New Year whenever I see this photo!!! Gong Hei Fatt Choi! Soon. And you can see how severe was her shopping spree (including the big mickey luggage and the items inside which you couldn’t peek through) XD

Scorching firework display at Sunway Pyramid witnessed by luck and chance when we were having KFC with view of Sunway Lagoon next to us. Guess there was some party held that day. Take time to view this short clip, the last few sparks were wonderful!!

4 comments:

Rhuyann said...

what some glutinous Tangyuan-like food..it's called mua chi..

JessieLinHuiLi said...

hahaha..yes,muachi. =D it taste like tangyuan mar.lolx. thanks for letting know..

LCH said...

omg i cannot believe you nvr eat mua-chi before!!
petaling street's mua-chi is nice, used to have it when i went tuition in sec school =) yummy

JessieLinHuiLi said...

hahaha...i never seen muachi at sitiawan also.. xD...next time when you drop by petalingjaya for muachi remember to pack for me yar :)