Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trip to the “Land Below the Wind”

Woots! Just got back from the most beautiful state of Malaysia – Sabah! Here am I to share the thrill of the trip with you guys =)

The trip started off with 7 of us : Xinli, LaiHui, ChuiHua, QingLiang, FunWee, KyYing and ME, taking the AirAsia flight at early 6.30am which we booked since one year ago during AirAsia Promo. I guess it was only me who got so excited with the Sabah trip, for I have been loving Sabah since I first stepped onto its ground back in year 2008! Though feeling excited, I only get to pack my luggage at 10pm that day! =.= That was why I only slept for 3 hours before the trip. LOL. (No choice, busy marrrr~~ :P)

Smooth flight with no delay, so we touched down safely at KKIA at around 9am. The first thing that caught our attention at the aiport was this:

A whole group of people dressed up in traditional outfits carried with them a huge welcoming banner. Woah, was shocked for such a big welcoming group. Looked further with caution, they were not welcoming us, they were just promoting for the International Folklore Festival! Hah! This festival actually had a cultural parade, passing by the backpacker cabin which we stayed during Day 3. For this Folklore Parade, I will show the further details in my following post =)

So, there was this sweet tour guide of us welcomed us. =D

 

First pit stop for the famous must try YeeFung Sabah Laksa, located at the Gaya Street. As you can see, huge crowd in this outlet, there you can guess how popular it is.

We waited for our seat for about 10mins as the outlet was fully occupied. While making our order, a small girl caught our attention for she was just too cute and amusing! Though at her young age, she actually could serve customers very well and talked fluently! Such an adorable one that I took out my camera to have a shot, but she was yelling: No, don’t take my photo..Hahaha.. And we all burst into laughter. LOL.

Here are their Top 3 attraction:

We all ordered YeeFung laksa. Surprisingly, the laksa doesn’t taste spicy at all !! If you’re not into spice, then you should try this laksa. No joke, it taste NO SPICY yet delicious!

 

After the light meal, we strolled around the Gaya Street where different stalls were up for different merchandises, ranging from souvenirs to vegetables and fruits, just like those night markets. Played around like kiddos:

 

Kindly spot a doll in this pic. LOL.

 

Choosing the souvenirs. Not much I have purchased this time, so, don’t blame me if you don’t get a souvenirs from me k? Hehe.. I can just give you a hug with my dark skin complexion after burning by the hot sun at Sabah.

After that, the tour guide dropped us at Tun Mustaffa Tower for a snapshot. There is a revolving restaurant located in this building. I once went to this revolving restaurant at night, but not this time. These pictures show the fairest skin condition we had when we first arrived.

All the sweet pretty friends I have =)

To be continued …

No comments: