Sunday, November 21, 2010

IBS

Four more days to the final assessments and I couldn’t study with the burps haunting me. =( Current average burping frequency is one burp per 10 seconds. In peak period, it can be one burp per 3 seconds. Goodness! I can’t take this anymore. When the burps couldn’t be released, I felt like nauseated. This condition has been catching me for about 3 months.

Last week, I had diarrhea again which drove me for a medical consultation to check out what’s actually going on with me. Another problem within me is I have been experiencing diarrhea here and then. Sometimes, I got diarrhea with tremendous pain which made my whole face turned pale and my extremities got cold and I could have fainted if condition went uncontrolled. There was time when in severe pain, I was thinking if I really fainted in the toilet some day guess nobody would have realised it. hahaha.. Sounds sarcastic uh, as a healthcare student I have a lot of health problems with me. LOL. The whole gastrointestinal condition giving all these eerie experiences.

If you’re a medical student itself and you knows so well about how human body functions, when your own body reacts adversely, you will start thinking of the worst possibilities like : I might have cancer? LOL. Choi Choi Choi~ But that thought would cross my mind sometimes. =D Hey this is absolutely rational thinking okay. One of the underlying causes for chronic diarrhea is cancer mer.. XD

So, the diagnosis was:

I got IBS, to be exact, Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It was said to be stress-induced. =)
And with that medication prescribed:

Metrogyl and Atropine for my diarrhea.






Liblan and Omeprazole for my IBS





But, I don’t think the medications work. It may work in the case of reducing my gastric acidity but not for the burps i think. I still burping freaking much though I have taken half course of the medicine so far. And there is no way I can control my stress while the nerves get tensed during critical times. So, OMG I shall keep burping for whole of my life! =S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where i can buy liblan?