Saturday, November 6, 2010

Qwerty Keyboard

It’s time to say byebye to my extraordinarily old SE K700i cell phone which has been with me all the while for more than 4 years. As my first phone, it had been serving me well except the navigation key which sulking sometimes. There are people who fond of switching phones from time to time which I see it as a lavish and not nature-conserving type of people, wasting a lot of natural resources plus the batteries of phones causing much hazards to the environment, just to fulfill their personal desires. There is a funny thought in me where I sometimes will regard those who frequently changing cellphones as playboys/playgirls who switching partners like changing clothes. LOL. If the pattern of using phone can be equalized to the loyalty of a person to somebody, then I guess I should be a super duper loyal girl??!! hahaha…

To decide on which cellphone to serve me for the next few decades, it had been a baffling issue for me. Finally, I got one with the following criteria:
1) I need a pda phone/ smartphone.
2) I want a qwerty keyboard phone.
3) I don’t want a slide phone nor touch screen phone.

So, perhaps you will suggest blackberry. But, this time is dad who pays for me. As a FILIAL daughter (ahem), I would like to save his pennies, moreover, he definitely won’t be paying single cent and vituperate me if I choose an over budget phone. For the parents, they have a thought that I should just get myself a phone which can make calls and text messaging and that should be enough for me. True to some points for my current status, so I obey since the primary reason for me to get a new phone is because my old phone has became faulty. But of course I would like to get a phone with certain good functions provided. Out of the shortlisted, I picked this:


Yea, a Nokia E Series phone which I like it very much. Yea, it’s a qwerty keypad phone which simply means a phone with full keypad just like those of the computer keyboard. Notice the word “QWERTY” (which I don’t know how to pronounce yet), it is simply adopted from the first row of the keypad alphabets. So cool!!! =)

Mom commented that the device is such a big one which makes me look rough, not nice at all. LOL. On the other hand, brother who wanted me so much to get a N8 instead, commented that it’s ugly too. Hahaha… But I’m still very attached to this one =D

To be honest, when I first saw blackberry last time, I yelled at its keypad because I was thinking that .. .. .. it is ugly. LOL. And now I got this, can’t believe that I started to grow fond of it!! It eases the typing by allowing simple and rapid typing with its full keyboard!! And the reason for me not to get a touch screen phone is because the touch screen is functioning a litlle slow. When you touch on an alphabet, it takes about 1 second to make the sense detected. Sometimes you may just miss the touch and re-touch it several times. That was what I experienced when I used my brother’s HTC for one day previously (I’m noob in touch pad perhaps. Haha). Maybe the technology can be improvised several years later and I’m looking forward for that. And for now I would need a fast typing one. =)



Another cool thing about this keypad is its navigation key. It possesses four side buttons for you to press up, down, right and left. Another option is you can choose to use the optical navigation key which is the red rounded square at the centre as shown in the image. Just by a sense of touch, you can navigate by swiping your finger on it to the direction you wants!! After all, i still can have some touch sense mode in this device. Woohoo.. =D

I’m obsessed with its specifications. The only regret is I wasn’t able to get the gold colour of this due to some miscommunications. See, the gold colour (the first phone in the image below) is much more feminine and classy! =(

e72

Anyway, hopefully it serves me well for the upcoming days. Long live e72! And friends, you can call me at anytime now without hindrance. =D

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

wah! u finally got ur new hp! Welcome another nokia user, heheh!

I'm waiting for N8's reviews, cause I want qwerty keypad as well as touch screen, hehehe~

JessieLinHuiLi said...

N8 is the latest nokia phone and is considered the best phone above all others i think. i got a friend got that too. not bad i guess. if i like slide kind, i would opt for that. but im not. hehe... go get one~ =D or iphone. lol

Asan said...

E72 is really not bad to use. U will fall in love with it :)
Btw, i am using this phone too.

彩縈 said...

haha..finally...u change ur phone XD

ah_hong said...

how much does it cost?

JessieLinHuiLi said...

got it at 1040, ori price =) AP price is about two hundreds cheaper

David said...

ur comparison example of touch screen is based on an outdated HTC model with lower processor hence the delay. you should compare with Android 2.1 / Apple A4... a more suitable statement in your case would be tactile feel,whereby a touch screen can only provide that through sound and graphics and on the other hand a QWERTY keyboard would had that Tangible feel towards your thumbs. =)

BTW its pronounce as " Q-WER-TY"... tats the way to say it.