Monday, September 27, 2010

Grapefruit

Do you ever come across Grapefuits?
I think quite a number of people doesn't know what grapefruit is actually.
The first time I heard about this fruit was during my pharmacotherapy lecture by Ms.LoYokeLin in my pharmacy department who is a dedicated and knowledgeable lecturer. Most of the students respect her for her kind teaching I guess.
According to her, grapefruits have a lot of health benefits...
I just can remember it is a GOOD fruits. lol.
So, on the spot when I was told about grapefruit,
I was thinking : oh, I know, they are basically just grapes, a kind of fruits la..
Hahaha.. Shame on me.. I'm wrong totally!

Grapefruit, it is a citrus fruit which looks similar to an orange but it is bigger in size as compared to orange. So, it is an "Orange" not Grape. =D
Meanwhile the flesh varies in colours, and the one I managed to get yesterday were reddish in colour.
Yeah, finally saw it at a fruit stall after a certain period of craving.

See, it really looks exactly like an orange from pic right?


Ok, my first taste of grapefruit, it tastes sour and bitter, something like Orange+Pomelo taste. You know right, pomelo tastes a little bitter too.
Overall still OK la, pure citrus fruit's taste, nothing much..
I still have three more.. So, if you wish to taste it, come, you can get from me before I finish them. =)

Simplicity of its health benefits:
1. It possesses digestive, stomachic, antiseptic, tonic and diuretics qualities.
Woah. This is MUCH.
2. Weight loss diet
This should be great for girls who want to maintain to be slim. =)
3. Lowers body cholesterol level
4. Protects again diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
5. Alleviates symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and other inflammatory disorders.
6. Alleviates insomnia.
7. Reduces fever.
8. Dispels fatigue and tiredness.
9. And much much more... ... ...

To beware, grapefruits interact with a number of drugs, so take note if any medication is taken.
I think I will have it frequently for all the health benefits it provides. =)

No comments: