Friday, September 24, 2010

The Sharing @ Annexe Gallery Central Market

I had a visit to the Annexx Gallery at Central Market, KL last two weeks.

It was a photography exhibition with the theme “The Sharing”, organized by some photographers who showing their photography of travelling around Asia.

An overview of the gallery








I like the entire feel of the exhibition as there is a little indirect interaction between the organizers and the visitors in the following ways:


There were candies for the visitors! =) how affectionate the organizers were.

There was also a corner equipped with a small table where pieces of 4R photos being arranged on it. The visitors were asked to choose one of the photos they like the most. All of the photos were so nice and had their own story behind. Though felt like want to have each of photos, but I still picked one out of all as I thought the organizers had their own intention for asking us to pick only one. =)



This was the one I picked. Guess it was the Empathy which drove me for it; it wasn’t about how wonderful the photography skill is. The photo has its photographer’s signature too! Woah. This photo was named –Afternoon Nap, taken in India, 2010.



Most of the photos exhibited were captured in India, China and Malaysia.

I didn’t actually have any expectation for the exhibition when going there.

However, I was blessed with wisdom from the sharing which I would like to share with my readers.

Most of the photos were figure based, from innocent poor kid to pity old man. At the same time, there were some nature scene photos as well.


-I Have Lot of Fun in My Life Too, Nepal 2010-


-Side by Side, Bentong Pahang 2009-


The figures being displayed grabbed my attention. Empathy was flushing through me within a second. Look at those innocent eyes filled with hopes. Hope that there will be food and no hunger, or hope that there is no poverty, or hope that the world will hear their inner voices, or hope that there will be help from the people out there. I’m sure their lives are hard, harder than anyone of us. But they still move on with clinging to hope despite the toughness. Their strong spirit for life is the spirit that sustains them for further journey.





What a friend used to tell me: Though sometimes there are people or on-going incidents which dismay you, most of time you just can’t ignore them or shut them off. What you can do is accept them with great courage and open heart although there is infinity splash of reluctance in your mind. Never escape but confront. Certain things in life are just out of your control including who and what come into your life or leave you in a later time. I was told, I can choose what I want my life to be although I can’t control the fore mentioned. So does you. Choose to turn the negative to positive; choose to turn up yourself though your surrounding turns you down.

While you’re obsessed with your own happiness or sadness, remember that there are people out there waiting for helping hands and in deeper grief. The world is not just about YOU.


Determination of Living -生存的意志-


No comments: