Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Simplicity

There was this man I met today when I was waiting for lift at my residence floor.

An indian or Punjabi most probably, ran out of the lift in rush and shouted “Atas Atas!”

I took a second to process what he was trying to tell me.

There I realised he meant that the lift was going up (I was pressing the lift to get down instead)

Then, just within 3 seconds, he ran back in the lift again and smiled widely to me.

I was smiling as well.

A thinking imparted the mind:

The punjabi was just a newspaper delivering boy, but just by delivering the papers,

I see a kind of unexplainable contentment and happiness reflected.

He rushed in and out just to compete with the lift speed and get the papers delivered and entered the lift again before it closed so that he could target the next floor!

At that moment, I got envious.  The simplicity of life which gives happiness.

But often, the simplicity exists at the first place, at the nil point when thing just begins. Then, it is slowly diminished until it is only noted when thing has proceeded far away.

- Live life simple -

No comments: